Saturday, April 19, 2014
Hi there, sweethearts!
Another sweet thing that I made during last holiday, steamed layer cream cheese cake! The chocolate cake layer is absolutely soft, fluffy, and not too sweet (you might want to add more sugar I think), it's a perfect combination with the sweet cheesecake layer. Mom as usual is a fan of not-too-sweet cake, so she loves it so much. While for N, his first comment was "It's not sweet enough". Well, at least all of them eat the cake quite a lot so I know we all love it!
I was an impatient girl here. Actually I made 3 layers here, 2 chocolate layer and 1 cheese layer. But I can't wait much more to try it out, so I cut it while it's still a little bit warm, resulting the top chocolate layer to fall apart and too soft cheese layer. Don't be like me and try to chill it first to set. ;)
Steamed Layer Cream Cheese Cake - Kek Lapis Kukus Cream Cheese (translated to english)
Source : Siti Delima
Ingredients A :
250 gr cream cheese
60 gr powdered sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until well combined.
2. Add egg, water, and flour. Mix well.
3. Set aside.
Ingredients B (chocolate cake) :
2 large eggs
125 gr powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
a pinch of salt
120 ml boiling water
120 ml whole milk
120 ml vegetable oil
125 gr all purpose flour *
3 tbsp cocoa powder *
1 tsp baking soda *
1/2 tsp baking powder *
Note: ingredients with * have to be sifted
1. Beat eggs and sugar until white and fluffy. Add vanilla essence and salt, mix well.
2. Add boiling water, milk, and oil, mix well.
3. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder (sifted), mix well.
4. Divide the batter into 2.
1. Prepare the steamer with low heat.
2. Prepare 8x8x3 inch pan, grease and line with baking paper.
3. Pour 1 part of chocolate batter, close the pan with aluminium foil and steam for 15-20 minutes.
4. Open the aluminium foil, pour in the cream cheese on top. Close with foil again and steam for 15 minutes.
5. Pour the last chocolate batter, close with foil again and steam for about 20 minutes.
6. Wait until the cake is completely cool before cutting.