Tuesday, December 31, 2013
My favorite website recently is Koleksi Resep Keluarga Nugraha. Her recipes are straight to the point, easy to follow, and the pictures are lovely! I think she's no longer update her website, I wish she will post recipes again someday...
I decided to bake this bun because Ms Nugraha stated that the milk filling will melt in your mouth! Ohh, how can I wait any longer to try? Me and my family loves these buns sooo much! I should say this bun is the softest bread that I ever made, it is so soft even on the second day, anddd the filling DOES melt in your mouth! My mom keep asking me to bake it again, definitely a keeper! ♥
Milk Filled Bun (Roti Isi Susu)
Source : Keluarga Nugraha (in Indonesian)
Make 25 buns
Bun ingredients :
375 gr bread flour, sifted
75 gr castor sugar
20 gr milk powder
8 gr instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
125 gr unsalted butter, softened, room temperature
Evaporated milk, for brushing dough (about 4 tbsp)
Mix well (egg mixture) :
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 whole egg, lightly beaten
175 ml cold milk
2 tbsp condensed milk
Filling ingredients, mix well :
150 gr unsalted butter
30 gr powdered sugar
75 gr milk powder
1. In a big bowl,mix together flour, castor sugar, milk powder, yeast, and salt.
2. Pour egg mixture little by little, knead to combine.
3. Add softened butter, knead until dough is smooth, soft, and elastic.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let dough proof for 30 mins until dough has doubled in volume.
5. Deflate dough using the heel of your hand, and divide into 30 gr balls.
6. Let rest for 30 mins until dough puffed up.
7. Flatten dough to 1 cm thick and filled with about 1 tsp filling, roll into tight balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 15 mins. Preheat oven to 180°C.
9. Brush the dough surface with evaporated milk and bake for 30 minutes.